Body language plays an important role in nosework.
Your Body Language:
Where are you in relation to your dog?
What are you communicating to your dog through your…
- Posture? Stand up!
- Leash Tension? Class vs. Trial
- Heart Rate?
- Respiration Rate?
Your Dog’s Body Language:
What is your dog communicating to you?
- Is he a methodical searcher or a whirling dirvish?
- Does your dog rely on your for support or is he an independent searcher?
- Does your dog need to scan the entire search area first, or does he dive right in to searching?
- Is your dog “checking in” with you?
- Can you identify when your dog has picked up odor?